Thursday, June 29, 2023

Cycling in 4 states on single gear cycle 20 (Final): Concluded with gratitude!

✪ “Nothing personal, this is everyone’s capacity”
✪ Why so much appreciation?
✪ Further interactions and interviews
✪ Cycling can make you meet a tiger and a Tendulkar
✪ Wonderful meeting with Dr. Amit Samarth!!
✪ Signing off with amazing memories and incredible India
✪ Gratitude towards one and all

Hello. Now writing the last blog about this expedition that was completed exactly as per the plan on 11th October 2022. The first and foremost emotion in the mind while completing this was tremendous gratitude. Everyone, all the groups, amazing people and the organizations whom I met during this tour, the cycle, the nature- everyone helped to complete this. Also I would like to mention about Bharat Vikas Sangam, who helped me for many places in Karnataka. Felt overwhelmed with this gratitude when I reached Nagpur. What an unbelievable ride this has been. It was a bliss to ride this and to do this. It is not going to sink in so soon....







In the evening of 11th October, I had an informal meeting with some students as arranged by Mrs. Seema Deshpande madam, a principal in one college in Nagpur. I also met Mrs. Akanksha Deshpande there. For them also it was an overwhelming experience that I had cycled this much for the cause of mental health awareness. I was very happy that I have so much to share with the students and the people. For this meeting also, I cycled in Nagpur for around 15 kms. This also helped as a small recovery ride. When any machine is so highly functioning, we cannot stop it all of a sudden. So I need to do some small 20- 30 kms rides or walks in coming days to gradually drop the momentum.

My friends are really happy and excited. Therefore I got more opportunities to share my experiences with people. Also another interview took place on the next day in Deekshabhoomi. While I do accept this warmth and this affection, I do not accept this appreciation. For me it seems weird. Because, firstly, cycling this long or any such feat is not a personal thing. It is basically universal. There is nothing such as an achievement. It is just the right processes, the right steps, the right support and that’s all. During all my interactions on the road, I was continuously telling people and students that what I am doing is just an example. Everyone has been gifted with this capacity. But still the people went on appreciating. I feel that the reason for this may be that not many from us have really taped their capacities, so even such a small and simple thing (what I did was damn simple, I never went beyond my simple zone!) appear like a daunting feat. I think such unwarranted appreciation actually talks more about our society and our mindset. Any way.






Morning of 12th October was difficult! For many days and even days before the expedition, I was waking early morning with a mind to move on. So suddenly waking up and knowing that I do not need to ride long is little difficult! It is a sort of acclimatization! For a change, walked till Deeksha Bhoomi and enjoyed Nagpur morning. Also, my mother, wife, wife’s mother and my daughter are coming to Nagpur. So I went to receive them and also did a small double- seat ride with my daughter Adu. Wonderful to meet her after 20 days! She is amazed to see my hands sun- burned, my face being darkened!

I was going to experience some more things that a cycle can do! A cycle can make you meet a tiger! Yes! My family members had come only due to my cycling in Nagpur. But then they also visited Tadoba tiger safari and met a tiger there! I opted to take some rest and acclimatization to normalcy! My Manmandir group members from Nagpur also arranged for my experience sharing session. I was speechless to receive so much of warmth. One more thing I learned about a cycle! A cycle can also make you meet a Tendulkar! Yes! My aunt in Nagpur was in touch with one of the greatest cyclists of India- Dr. Amit Samarth- who had completed Race Across America and also the terrible ultra cycling expedition in Russia. She just thought I can meet this legend. I was anxious and in awe! But somehow she managed and Dr. Amit Samarth sir also was willing when he came to know about my expedition. So I met him also. A memorable meeting! He was training his athletes in the morning. He gave some minutes to me and also then introduced me to his athletes. When I shared my anxiety with him, he just said we are all cyclists, so why think that way! So I met a Sachin Tendulkar of cycling!




I also met a senior police officer in Nagpur as was suggested by officers posted in Gadchiroli district. It was interesting to know that such a person also has keen interest in meditation. Newspapers also gave me good coverage. Also had fond meetings with relatives and friends in Nagpur. Finally after a few recovery rides in Nagpur, the body and the mind got used to normalcy. The memories are so much- from the Chorla ghat between Goa and Belgavi, wonderful people whom I met all along, massive rivers and glorious forests and the experience on the roads! Especially faces of students and children when I would meet them! The incredible India that I could discover! So with all such wonderful experiences I completed this expedition. It was so difficult to digest that I had to write this long and in this detail to do some justice to what I had received. Now once again thanking all for their support. You can enjoy photos on my blog and read what you find interesting. With this, now finally signing off from this blog series. Happy fitness to all. Thank you.




(Thanks for reading! You can enjoy the photos on the blog link given above. You can also read about my experiences of trekking, cycling, running, meditation, sky watching etc. there. If you wish to get updates of such activities, you can contact me. Niranjan Welankar 09422108376)

3 comments:

  1. Tadoba!! Wow Niranjan you are my Sachin Tendulkar the real hero who encourage many of us. Thank you❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. मनोहर ! निरंजन , निरंतर प्रवास हेच जीवन असेल ना ? आपल्या उपक्रमास अनेकानेक शुभेच्छा .

    ReplyDelete

आपने ब्लॉग पढा, इसके लिए बहुत धन्यवाद! अब इसे अपने तक ही सीमित मत रखिए! आपकी टिप्पणि मेरे लिए महत्त्वपूर्ण है!