Sunday, June 18, 2023

Cycling in 4 states on single gear cycle 18: Gadchiroli to Nagbhid (76 kms)

✪ Interactions in Armori and Brahmapuri
✪ Second last day of the expedition!
✪ Vainganga river and forests
✪ 10th October- Mental health day
✪ Nagpur calling and waiting!
✪ Completed 1341 kms in 17 days

Hello. 17th day of the expedition, 10th October 2022. Cycle expedition was complete long ago, but writing is taking much longer time! But the experiences are so unique that I cannot restrain myself. 10th October is the mental health day. Theme for this cycle expedition was talking to people about mental health, mental and physical health and fitness. Also I visited some organizations and groups working for this cause on my route that had started from Sindhudurg, Maharashtra and was now coming to end near Nagpur via Goa, Karnataka and Telangana. The inspiration for my this tour was my interactions with special children in Nagpur. After meeting them I had decided to use cycle for discussing this subject with the people. Any way. I had proper rest in Gadchiroli. Now just two more days are remaining!






Initially the days are too slow to finish. But after some days, the momentum is built. Pleasant morning of 10th October. Yesterday in Gadchiroli I could not meet many people, but today I will interact with people and students on the road. Shri. Subhashji Itankar has arranged for my visit to a college in Armori. As this is 17th consecutive day of riding (actually I forgot to count practice ride days), riding is almost effortless. Highway is good and there is very less traffic. But I am missing the forest, it is getting behind slowly and steadily... Reached Armori in around two and half hours. Had a quick interaction with students in one college. Some professors and friends of Shri. Itankarji also are present. Briefly shared my experiences and thoughts about this expedition. College students are astonished to see such a cyclist in their campus! I then shared my experiences of visiting villages in Gadchiroli district and teams of workers working there. In villages where I had stayed- Sironcha, Repanpally and Ashti, I had seen teams of workers working together. Even my brief interactions with them indicated me about their collective spirit. So I shared my experiences with him and also thanked him for my arrangements in these places. Left Armori after a breakfast.

Vainganga river! I had crossed glorious Bhima, Krishna, Godavari and Pranhita during this expedition. But still Vainganga too looked beautiful. In Brahmapuri town too, I briefly meet Shri. Alhad Shimkhede and Shri. Padmakar Wankhede. Their group welcomed me and gave time to know about this expedition. Importantly, they also gave me enerzal! It is very much needed as it is getting hot in the afternoon. From Brahmapuri Nagbhid is just 18 kms away, though. Comfortably reached there. 76 kms completed for the day. 





My stay in Nagbhir was arranged by Shri. Rajan Jaiswal ji, old friend of my father. My father had worked in Nagbhir for his internship, long time back. One of my uncle from Nagpur was also a professor of Shri. Jaiswal ji. So meeting him and staying with him took me and him also back in time. In the evening interacted with some youth working for environment and rural development. It is raining heavily in the evening. But what a day it has been... Rather what these 17 days have been! Now just the last day of the expedition remaining. Nagpur is calling and waiting also! Many people are so happy due to my expedition and they are eagerly waiting. This is too glorious to be real! But I still drag my mind in the present. One more day of cycling is remaining. And around 103 kms are remaining!

Next: Cycling in 4 states on single gear cycle 19: Nagbhid to Nagpur (103 kms)

(Thanks for reading! You can enjoy the photos on the blog link given above. You can also read about my experiences of trekking, cycling, running, meditation, sky watching etc. there. If you wish to get updates of such activities, you can contact me. Niranjan Welankar 09422108376)

No comments:

Post a Comment

आपने ब्लॉग पढा, इसके लिए बहुत धन्यवाद! अब इसे अपने तक ही सीमित मत रखिए! आपकी टिप्पणि मेरे लिए महत्त्वपूर्ण है!