Monday, March 27, 2023

Cycling in 4 states on single gear cycle 9: Mannaekhelli- Sangareddy (82 kms)*

✪ ನಮಸ್ಕಾರ ನಮ್ಮ ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ!! (Bye bye my Karnataka)
✪ Wonderful interactions with students in Zaheerabad
✪ Felt as if a nano celebrity!
✪ Flavour of South India
✪ Completed 715 kms in 8 days
✪ Sleepless night in Sangareddy

1st October 2022, eighth day of the cycle tour! Slowly I am nearing the half distance. Today I am leaving Karnataka and entering the fourth state, Telangana. Today’s distance is 82 kms, slightly less than the distances I had crossed in recent days. Morning in Mannaekhelli in the school campus is beautiful! I did not have proper sleep, was awake since around 2 am. But this is almost the routine now. Lack of sleep, mosquitoes and all- the body has adjusted with that also! Our body is such a great asset!




Prabhu Rao ji wished me for further journey and I left Manaekhelli. Telangana border is just 20 kms away. My first halt will be in Zaheerabad. Dr. Vijayalaxmi from Zaheerabad came to know about my cycle expedition from Shri. Madhavji Reddy (of Vande Mataram Foundation). Dr. Vijayalaxmi had told me that she would arrange a small interaction function with students of her educational institute. So today I will have on- the road programme!

While cycling, I saw some political gathering near the road. Initially I thought I can connect with some people here. But it was a huge mob, so I continued riding. After some time a two- wheeler person came and stopped me. They insisted me to come back to that place. Perhaps the politician there wanted me to come back as many persons must have seen me. But I politely declined and continued further. Now in every milestone, distance of Hyderabad is mentioned. Tomorrow I will reach Hyderabad and it will be like mid- point of this expedition.

Had a wonderful meeting in Zaheerabad. Dr. Vijayalaxmi runs an educational centre for students where they conduct activities such as English exercises, thought- provoking games and soft skills. It is always a great joy to share our experience with students! They welcomed me almost as if I am a nano celebrity- someone like a very small Sachin Tendulkar! They were just amazed to see someone riding this long and with this cycle. I briefly shared my experiences with them, also talked with them about mental fitness. Then I asked them what mental fitness challenge you can take, such as completing some difficult part in a difficult subject like Maths or English. During this meeting I also meet Shri. Appam Sarvam, an enthusiastic activist of Zaheerabad. After around an hour, I left Zaheerabad with life time memories!




Continued smoothly till Sangareddy. Road side scenes are indicating that I am in South India now. Many typical South Indian Gopura styled temples and also the rice in meals! With excellent roads, I crossed 82 kms under 4 hours and comfortably reached at the place as told by Shri. Madhavji Reddy. I was made to stay in an office of an advocate. Took rest and also roamed in the city in the evening. Had a supper in the evening and also had small discussions with persons in the office. But this evening turned out to be too long. I went to bed at around 9.30 pm, but there were many people in the office. Initially it was a hot debate, then there were verbal exchanges. It just went on and on. It was some kind of a situation where parents were forcing a girl for a certain thing. In the midnight it was almost a quarrel like situation with a lot of shouting and crying. I could not just sleep. I was waiting that they may get tired and stop and leave. But the verbal fight and shouting was going on till around 3 am. Then I got tired of all this and slept. But this night was also memorable, as the day was!
 


Next: Cycling in 4 states on single gear cycle 10: Sangareddy- Hyderabad (70 kms)

(Thanks for reading! You can enjoy the photos on the blog link given above. You can also read about my experiences of trekking, cycling, running, meditation, sky watching etc. there. If you wish to get updates of such activities, you can contact me. Niranjan Welankar 09422108376)

1 comment:

आपने ब्लॉग पढा, इसके लिए बहुत धन्यवाद! अब इसे अपने तक ही सीमित मत रखिए! आपकी टिप्पणि मेरे लिए महत्त्वपूर्ण है!