Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Cycling in 4 states on single gear cycle 11: Hyderabad- Janagaon (76 kms)

✪ Marching towards the unknown!
✪ Energy from the nature
✪ Exploring rural Telangana
✪ Interactions with kids
✪ Badukamma festival and Community bonding
✪ Festival food and caution
✪ Completed 861 kms in 10 days

Hello all. 10th day of the expedition, 3rd October. Yesterday had good sleep in Nerapalli. Left Nerapalli in the early morning with fond memories and interesting connections! Now onward I will not pass any major city except Warangal. And slowly slowly, day by day I will reach near the least known region- the tribal and remote part of Maharashtra. Now this expedition has taken a great momentum. Rotational of the earth is the same, but speed of the days is increased greatly. It is something like when a batting team is chasing 340 runs and once they cross the half way mark, say, 180 for 2, it becomes much easier. Whatever work we may be doing, it has a certain mental part in it. And any endurance or fitness event have an equal mental part.


Started riding with random Hindi songs coming in my mind. The legs are pedaling, the mind is listening memory induced songs and I am watching and enjoying all this. It is a perfect delight! As I was already out of Hyderabad Yesterday, it was very smooth to just come to the highway and go straight. Again the rural landscapes! Of course, the highway is so beautiful with 2-2 lanes. I am passing through many small villages and towns. But apart from that I am also passing through lush green air and nature! Just soaking this much greenery and nature is itself a meditation. I am getting so much energy food from the nature. After some time, I came near one hill. There is a temple on this hill, aptly named Bhuwangiri. South Indian style of temples! The highway is also accompanied by some lakes and also a rail route! Blessed to be in this space!

After Bhuwangiri, there was small incline and then some downhill too. There are many persons waiting to receive me in Janagaon. Shri. Madhavji Reddy’s friends are everywhere, it seems! Reached Janagaon on time. In the main city square, Shri. Raju ji and Shri. Veerender ji received me and also a small discussion took place. Interestingly, many children are also there! They welcomed me and also wished me for my further journey. Grabbed this opportunity to talk with them and tell them that this thing is just an example. Everyone has capacity to do such things. We just need to tap our mental and physical fitness. Brief but cool meeting it was. Warmth shown by people really makes me speechless! Then some persons guided me to the place where I was supposed to stay. Today 76 kms completed and overall 861 in 10 days. This cycle is unbelievable!





Had good rest in the noon. The lady of the family where I was staying did not know a word of Hindi or English! But still, she talked to me with gestures when I was having my lunch. I am lucky to meet such people. Badly going to miss all of them and all this journey. Later on I talked to other persons whom I am going to meet in coming days. Generally I talk to such persons in 2-3 days advance so that I know their address and also can arrange for some interactions. This cycling expedition is not just pedaling or crossing the distance. Its visibility is to be used. It is a powerful medium and so it should be used to reach out to people. 
 
In the evening, there are Badukamma vibes everywhere! The festival mood is loud and clear! Badukamma festival is a typical festival of Telangana and Andhra Pradesh and also adjacent parts bordering Telengana. It is celebrated for the glory of Goddess Gauri. It happens in the same time when Navratri festival takes places. Women dance, enjoy and celebrate with zest. Actually it was an event not to be missed. I am also observing community bonding in this. All the neighbourhood come together and celebrate this. Women and girls are immersed in songs and dance!

And festival vibes also mean that there will be plenty of sweets and dry fruit etc. in the meals. For me, this is an excellent recharge. The proteins, the minerals and fibers I need more. Even the carbohydrates. But what about common man eating this much of food? Most of Indian festivals and even traditional meals also have lots of sweets and plenty of carbohydrates. For person with average fitness activities and work outs, this is little too heavy. And our festival food is from those times when lifestyle was so hard working and treacherous. We need to be aware while using such food items in such volumes. Any way.

Had brief interactions with some individuals in the evening on the background of the festivities. Also came to know about one cyclist in my next halt- Warangal. The festivities are going on and on till late night. But I went to bed by around 9.30. What a dream ride this has been. And anxious as well as excited about the coming route!


Next: Cycling in 4 states on single gear cycle 12: Janagaon- Warangal (54 kms)

(Thanks for reading! You can enjoy the photos on the blog link given above. You can also read about my experiences of trekking, cycling, running, meditation, sky watching etc. there. If you wish to get updates of such activities, you can contact me. Niranjan Welankar 09422108376)

1 comment:

  1. खरच सर खुप छान सायकलिंग सोबत लिखाण देखील अप्रतिम करता... 👌👌

    ReplyDelete

आपने ब्लॉग पढा, इसके लिए बहुत धन्यवाद! अब इसे अपने तक ही सीमित मत रखिए! आपकी टिप्पणि मेरे लिए महत्त्वपूर्ण है!