Monday, March 6, 2023

Cycling in 4 states on single gear cycle 7: Sindagi- Gangapura- Kalaburgi (90 kms)

✪ Major stage of the expedition
✪ Green lush roads in the nature
✪ Bhima and Ganagapura!
✪ A bliss to ride this way!
✪ On such journeys we happen to really meet ourself
✪ Meeting Shri Basavraj Ji in Kalaburgi
✪ Completed 538 kms in 6 days

Morning of 29th September, sixth day of the expedition and one major day in that today I am going to meet senior members of Bharat Vikas Sangam Shri Basavraj ji, Shri Shastriji and others in Kalaburgi. This expedition would not have been possible without their help. So before starting the ride, was feeling eager for this meeting. Yesterday in Sindagi. Shri. Dattuji helped me well. On the morning also, he came when I was leaving the house. Just feel gratitude towards all those who were there with me on each stage of the expedition. With company and help from all such people, I feel that it was not a solo expedition, but rather a collective effort.




 

 

 

As usual, left at early morning. Rains and clouds are helping me, so again I have a clear morning. Turned right from Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar’s statue and joined the highway. I am reminding myself that after around 30 km distance, I have to turn left after Jeratagi for Ganagapura. It is a short road via Ganagapura. Still the memory of missed turn near Bagalkote is fresh, so this time I am more careful. But what a bliss this is to ride here. Absolutely delightful joy. And now it has become so simple and smooth. It is now the auto pilot mode. So I can just enjoy and gallop this joy. This has been a real date with the nature and also a strange meeting with myself. On such journeys we happen to really meet ourself. While legs silently pedal, I watch thoughts and ripples in my mind. Sometimes very strange and weird thoughts come! I can even enjoy them. Also I enjoy various songs that I remind spontaneously.

While pedaling as every day I ride on new roads, new people see me and they interact with me. But the questions and queries are the same! But I thoroughly enjoy the connect that I can make with my cycle. Took breaks as per my time. Now after proper rest, my stomach is all right. I am taking only tea- biscuits and chikki on the road. Took the turn after Jeratagi, this road is relatively small and internal road. Small villages, farms and lush green nature! This kind of farms remind me about farms in Maharashtra. I am also not much away from the border of Maharashtra. Quickly reached near Ganagapura. Incidentally it is Thursday today. Firstly I met massive and throbbing Bhima river! The force and the current, just glorious! I passed the temple area of Gangapura. I took a small break in Gangapura hotel. As the hotel person interacted with me, slowly he started speaking in Marathi.

Today also I tried to continue nose breathing whenever it was easier. That helped for less tiring even during the heat. Further journey also took place smoothly and I reached Kalaburgi at around 1.15. I have to say here I had the grandest welcome. Senior workers of Bharat Vikas Sangam and many Rotarians welcomed me near Ram Mandir in Kalaburgi. They almost created a traffic jam in the main square. Then I was welcomed in the temple and also the media interviewed me! Vikas Academy’s Shri. Marthand Shastri and his team had a great warmth for me. They too are equally happy that I have cycled this much. They are equal participants in this process as they have helped me for staying and interactions at many places. It was really nice meeting Shri. Shastri.

In the evening I had interactions with Shri. Basavraj ji Sedam, a Rajyasabha M.P. and a great leader. But now he is focusing on social reforms. Despite of being a great leader, he appeared to be a simple and down to earth person. He did not have any holier than thou outlook. He eagerly inquired about my cycle journey and shared his opinion. Bharat Vikas Sangam is a network of various organizations and movements that work for holistic development. They are basically conglomeration of various organizations across India that work on various issues. It is raining in the evening and so I could not cycle there and also interaction- programme was relatively small. But I continued to have informal one- to one interactions with others. Shri. Shastriji accompanied me till evening and also helped with arrangement for the next day. This way the day completed in Kalaburgi.



This has been just a dream ride. 6th day completed today and 1/3 of the expedition also completed. At the back of my mind I know that initially one day is also very long. But afterwards, it is just too fast and it finishes too soon (only this writing is not that fast)! So I am enjoying every day and every moment in this expedition. Today completed 528 kms in 6 days. Tomorrow will be my last halt in Karnataka. This is too dream-like to be true. How can I thank the life that it has provided me this idea and made all the arrangements?



 

Next: Cycling in 4 states on single gear cycle 8: Kalaburgi- Mannaekhelli (96 kms)

(Thanks for reading! You can enjoy the photos on the blog link given above. You can also read about my experiences of trekking, cycling, running, meditation, sky watching etc. there. If you wish to get updates of such activities, you can contact me. Niranjan Welankar 09422108376)

No comments:

Post a Comment

आपने ब्लॉग पढा, इसके लिए बहुत धन्यवाद! अब इसे अपने तक ही सीमित मत रखिए! आपकी टिप्पणि मेरे लिए महत्त्वपूर्ण है!