Thursday, May 25, 2023

Cycling in 4 states on single gear cycle 17: Ashti to Gadchiroli (69 kms)

✪ Saying bye bye to forests
✪ Back on the highway
✪ Gadchiroli city
✪ Riding exactly as per the plan
✪ Completed 1265 kms in 16 days

Hello. 16th day of the expedition, 9th October 2022. Today I am starting from Ashti village. Yesterday I had crossed the toughest section of this tour- the dusty road from Alapalli to Ashti! Today I will have a smooth highway. On one hand, I am feeling good for this, but also I am missing the forest and remote region. In fact hangover of last 2-3 halts has yet not been receded. Great warmth was given to me! And I am anxious now that only last 3 days are remaining! 




Started the ride early in the morning. Silent and excellent road! Although the forest will slowly reduce henceforth, it is still there. Gadchiroli is the headquarter of the tribal district. It is actually ill- famous for wrong reasons. But as far as my experience is concerned, I find this district very pleasant. People have shown great warmth and affection. Today’s distance is less, just 69 kms and that too on a good highway. So I took just one break in Chamorshi, near the half way mark of 35 kms. As I am approaching Gadchiroli, slowly slowly villages are showing less signs of backwardness. I can even see changes in the language spoken by persons on the road.

Gadchiroli! It is looking like any other city. Now its size is also looking like proper city. Although the region is remote and tribal, the city looks like a proper district headquarter. After reaching here, directly went to RSS office as told by Shri. Bahadure ji and Shri. Itankarji. As today is Sunday, schools and colleges are closed. So I did not have opportunity to interact with students. But I interacted with students staying in RSS office and also other activists present there. My stays after crossing Telangana i.e. from Sironcha, Repanpally and Ashti were arranged by Shri. Itankar ji, Shri. Bahadure ji and other members. So shared my experiences with Shri. Bahadure ji and also thanked him for all this support. Tomorrow I will meet Shri. Itankar ji on the road in Armori town. Today I did not have much interactions. But tomorrow I will have such interactions.



 

This way, 16th day of the expedition completed. So far everything has gone exactly as per the plan. No problem whatsoever for the cycle and for the cyclist! I think one reason for this was also the fact that I had planned small stages considering my fitness and capacity. So barring one or two days, I was never actually much tired or tested. And of course, my estimation of my fitness proved appropriate for this expedition. All along the route, I was meeting many people every day- in groups or one to one, in a programme or informally. So that also helped me get going as planned. And also the cycle! It did not have any trouble whatsoever! And I don’t think it will have any problem till at leas this expedition is over!



Next: Cycling in 4 states on single gear cycle 18: Gadchiroli to Nagbhid (76 kms)

(Thanks for reading! You can enjoy the photos on the blog link given above. You can also read about my experiences of trekking, cycling, running, meditation, sky watching etc. there. If you wish to get updates of such activities, you can contact me. Niranjan Welankar 09422108376)


No comments:

Post a Comment

आपने ब्लॉग पढा, इसके लिए बहुत धन्यवाद! अब इसे अपने तक ही सीमित मत रखिए! आपकी टिप्पणि मेरे लिए महत्त्वपूर्ण है!