Monday, April 24, 2023

Cycling in 4 states on single gear cycle 13: Warangal to Bhupalpally (73 kms)

✪ Riding in remote Telangana
✪ Area of mines and forests
✪ Pristine nature!
✪ Bhupalpally- not far from Maharashtra and Chhattigarh border
✪ Completed 988 kms in 12 days
✪ Dussehara celebrations in Bhupalpally
✪ Beginning of most exciting phase of the expedition

Hello all. 12th day of the expedition, 5th October 2022. Today is Dusshera and I will reach Bhupalpally, my final halt in Telangana. It is a small district headquarter located near the borders of Maharashtra, Telangana and Chhattisgarh. On early morning of 5th October, my host for the last day Shri. Sudheerji rode with me till border of Warangal town. Such a senior person riding with me was an inspiration! Another cyclist from Warangal Bandi Venu ji could not come as he had gone for another ride, but he had told another cyclist to meet me. So I interacted with him also and rode with him for some distance. He then directed me way towards Parkal and left. Now this historic city Warangal is left behind and I am entering a remote but beautiful lush green landscape! The highway is still the same. But as Bhupalpally comes near, it may change. I will find out soon!



Bhupalpally is rather a small town surrounded by mining and forests. It became a district place after reorganization of districts in Telangana by TRS. There are small temples belonging to South Indian style. But also as this road leads to the border, I am seeing growing Hindi influence. What a blessing it is to ride into an unknown area. And to add cherry on top, the weather is wonderful. It can rain any moment, but it is not raining. But it is very soothing. I am almost riding with AC on!

Took right turn on Parkal. I am seeing now very much interior Telangana! Wonderful climate and small hills to accompany me! Took two small breaks as per my usual requirement. Bhupalpally! What a unique place. This appears like a small city. There are factories and mines nearby. And of course, here onward it is the forests that has the maximum say. As I was told, went straight to Ram Mandir of Bhupalpally. There Shri. Punith Rao and others welcomed me. They also took a small procession march (but I was the only cyclist in that procession). After brief interactions and photographs etc. I was told to rest in RSS office. I do not like such procession or selfies etc., but I feel it is okay if it helps for spreading message of cycling. Had good rest in the office. Many workers of RSS stay in such offices. In the evening, I went to Dusshera programme and public dinner arranged in Ram Mandir. Suddenly the climate had changed and it rained with much force. My cycle was parked outside the building, so I was little worried. But it remain unharmed. 




Tomorrow onward an exciting thrill is awaiting me. I am sure about almost nothing! No clarity about road conditions and situation there. But one thing is sure and that I will ride right in the middle of pristine nature! This way, 12 days are completed and 988 kms are completed. Only 6 days are remaining! And now I am also assured that I may not have any puncture at all! I have ridden across all types of roads and nothing has happened to the cycle. If for this much distance, nothing happened, then it is less likely that it would happen further also! So fingers crossed!


Next: Cycling in 4 states on single gear cycle 14: Bhupalpally to Sironcha (62 kms)

(Thanks for reading! You can enjoy the photos on the blog link given above. You can also read about my experiences of trekking, cycling, running, meditation, sky watching etc. there. If you wish to get updates of such activities, you can contact me. Niranjan Welankar 09422108376)

No comments:

Post a Comment

आपने ब्लॉग पढा, इसके लिए बहुत धन्यवाद! अब इसे अपने तक ही सीमित मत रखिए! आपकी टिप्पणि मेरे लिए महत्त्वपूर्ण है!